1. tissue paper (brown, purple, blue, yellow,
red, orange and green)
2. (1) 9" x 12" piece of newsprint
3. (l)9"x 12" white construction paper
4. liquid starch
5. paint brush
6. black crayon
1. Cut a cornucopia out of brown tissue paper. Cut various fruit shapes from the other
colors of tissue paper.
2. Have children arrange their design first on newsprint.
3. Paint the white construction paper with liquid starch. Move the arrangement from
the newsprint to the white paper, one piece at a time. Go over the top of each piece
lightly with the liquid starch. Be careful not to go over the edges so the colors won't
4. Outline the design with crayon after it is dry. The colors of the tissue will have run a
bit and this makes it more interesting. Outline the original fruit design.