These are great for fall. I found this on Deep Space Sparkle. I shopw 4th or 5th grade this video on positive and negative space: Positive and Negative Space.
- We talk about what creates a silhouette.
- Students wash a 9x12 inch piece of drawing paper.
- Then they trace a ruler on all 4 side of the black paper to create a frame.
- After that, they draw a landscape with pumpkins, bare trees, fences, grass, houses, etc.
- Next they cut out the negative space (or background).
- Finally they glue the black on top of the sunset colors.